In the 4 weeks (3 hours each week) you will learn the different types of clay and its use, throwing and centering on the wheel, trimming, glazing and recycling clay. You will have your own choice of high quality clay to use, and glaze your own work with glazes used in studio production.
Although these courses are designed with the beginner in mind, many students who have attended other classes have found they learnt a great deal more about the process and progressed their throwing immensely after attending this class again (or from another beginner class).
My aim in this course is to have you know enough about the process to move forward with your journey, if you choose to. So that you can buy or hire a wheel and be able to make at home... or join us again if you like
Places are limited to 6 per class to maximise learning.
You will learn about different types of clay and glazing, learn how to throw pieces on the wheel, centering, trimming, glaze your own work, firing and recycling clay.
Class includes use of your own wheel, all glazes, clay and firing of up to 3 works to take home at the end. Additional pieces are able to be made and fired an may be charged an additional cost.
You will also have exclusive students only access of the studio to practice and continue your journey (at additional cost- $20 per hour/ $30 for 2 hours /$50 unlimited). Also have the option to hire wheels to take home and practice your new skills! There is also a past student weekly drop in night you are invited to join.
As the class is consecutive and you build on your skills each week, it is essential you make sure you are able to make each week. We are unable to accommodate changes due to the number of wheels and also the flow of the course.
Extra time on the wheels or jumping into addition classes (if applicable) maybe possible in some circumstances, however may incur additional charges.
As places fill fast, To secure your place full payment is required
Which Includes choice of clay, glazes and firing of up to 3 small pieces.
What to bring: all buckets need lids...
* 1 x glass jar with wide mouth like pasta sauce or like * 1 x 10 ltr bucket * 2 x 2 ltr bucket (old jalna yogurt containers are ideal)
* Full length apron * Old towel
* Plastic bags- old bread bags, vege bags or light shopping bags are ideal.
* Basic tools can be borrowed or can also be purchased at the beginning of class for $25 or your welcome to bring your own). Please let me know if you would like to purchase to make sure I have enough in stock.
Buckets can also be supplied for a $20 deposit for the set and returned at the end of the class for a refund. Just let me know if you would like to do this so I have them ready for you.
Those with long nails might need to trim before class. Sorry
- hire of apron or towel $5 each per class - deposit for buckets - additional work on top of what is made in class (approx 4 pieces) for firing and glazing ($10 per kilo for firing/$10 per kilo for glazing /$10 per kilo for glaze firing) - additional time in the studio on top of the 12 hour class time - $25 purchase of tools if you choose that are yours to keep
*** please be careful when choosing the course dates and make sure you can attend all dates.
We build on our skills each week and as the class moves together we cant go back to a class that is missed as it will then slow the whole groups progression. Please be aware that no refunds are given. You are welcome to gift on, on sell or transfer the place. Transfer to an early class date may be possible if there are places available. This may incur an administration fee. ($50). Payment is taken as acceptance of these conditions. Thanks for you understanding